English Course Overview
The aim of this course is to develop the four skills of language.
The four skills of language learning are a set of four capabilities that allow an individual to comprehend and produce spoken language for proper and effective interpersonal communication.
These skills are Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing.
You should learn all four skills if you want to have full access to the language as native speakers do.
- Knowing how to listen will help you:
- Comprehend natives when they speak
- Watch and understand movies, television, and online video
- Listen to the radio and podcasts
- Knowing how to speak will help you:
- Engage natives in conversation
- Address audiences
- Knowing how to read will help you:
- Read newspapers, books, and magazines
- Interpret in-country signs, alerts, and notices
- Knowing how to write will help you:
- Compose personal emails, letters, and text messages
- Write articles, essays, books, or other long-form texts.
Last edited: 02/09/2018